Thursday, June 12, 2014

First Year

Avery,


You've been with us for a year now.  And BOY what a year it's been.  We've had a couple downs, but mostly ups.  You, my dear, are the best baby we could have ever imagined having.  You still sleep around 10 hours a night and take a couple naps during the day that range from 45 min to 2 hours.  You eat just about anything we put in front of you and love food.  Lately, your favorite has been cheese.


The doctor says you're super healthy.  We took you in the day after your birthday and you weighed 18.5 pounds which puts you in the 30%ile.  You are 27.25 inches (yes my darling, you're short) which puts you in the 3%ile.  And, you have a big head.... We've been transitioning you to milk which has been an adventure.  You'll only drink it if it's a certian temperature and you DON'T want it out of a sippy cup.  I guess I'll give up on that for a little while.  I'd rather you be drinking milk from a bottle than not drinking anything at all.


A few days before your birthday you were trying to take steps towards Daddy and I.  Since then, you're quite the little walker.  The first week after your birthday you would walk for about 4-6 steps then crawl.  The next week you transitioned to mostly walking.  Now, you walk everywhere and even try to run.  I laugh because you get distracted when you walk and fall down as soon as something catches your eye.  We're all so impressed at how well you've adjusted to using shoe, and even walking out on the grass.


On your birthday, you had lots of people here to celebrate with you!  Grandpa and Grandma Clark, Uncle David, Aunt Sissy, Erin, Grandpa and Grandma Butler, Uncle Mikey and even your Great Grandpa and Grandma's where here (Clark and Dixon).  Aunt Jen and Karsyn were here to celebrate too.  Uncle David, Erin and Grandpa had to leave because David had to go get his appendix removed.  That was a not so happy part of the day.  But, he's doing just fine and missed you!  He bought you a very sweet book about the sleepy rabbit.  He'll come read it to you soon.


You loved the carrot cake I made you.  I think you liked the frosting more though.  We had homemade ice-cream, finger foods and yummy punch.  You were asleep when everyone got here.  You were taking a much needed nap.  That meant that later, you were soooo happy opening presents, eating cake, and swinging on your new swing.  We had a great day!


Avery, you are so calm, funny, social and lovable.  You are getting more snugly, which Daddy and I appreciate.  You correctly use "Uh-oh" when something falls (or you throw something to the ground).  You know who your dad is, but you generally call any male "da-da".  You throw around the word "mum" but I'm not sure you really associate it with me.  You can repeat "dog" and sometimes "cat", although, you have no clue what that means.  You love to mimic laughing, growling, and other sound effects.  You think you're hilarious, but so do we.  Most days you're full of smiles and laughter.  Every so often, you have grumpy days where I just think you need more sleep.  You're always so happy right after you've woken up.  Little one, you have no fear and you scare me half to death.  I've found you more than once 3 steps up on the stairs, you will walk off the step at Grandma's, you've tumbled out the door because you wanted to know what was outside.  This week I caught you standing on your high chair tray trying to crawl onto the counter (we've strapped you in since then).  You are curious and have no second thoughts about what you want (surprise, surprise).  And....we love you for that!  You are everything I could have imagined you'd be at this age and so, SO much more.


Thank you for being such a darling.  Thank you for being my daughter.  Daddy and I love you forever and always, with all our hearts.  Now, if I can just teach you to give kisses instead of turn away from me every time :)


Love you Avery Bug,


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment