Monday, August 16, 2010

Why Even Plan?

So, the plan was to take all my summer projects and put them into a lovely post this week. But...instead of that, I'll be moving out of my house, into a hotel, and watching my new house be ripped apart and (hopefully) put back together.

In the process of summer projects, we were putting up more shelves and hit a water line. After about an hour and $10 later, we thought we had fixed the problem and could patch the hole back up and just laugh it off. Morning came, and this was not so...no more laughing.

I had about an inch of standing water in my kitchen, and my living room carpet was completely soaked. The vinyl came up easy because the hot water had melted the glue. We ripped up the carpet, got rid of the pad, mopped/sucked up the water and had fans running all night.

I got a call from a friend last night who has gone through this twice now and gave me the number to for a company that can help. We called him last night, and after coming over this morning, we were told we're moving out for a few days. It's going to take 3 days to get all the water out of the house. We had about a foot of water under our house and some of the flooring is going to have to be removed. All my bottom cabnets are coming out and some of the top ones. I'll have walls ripped out. And, at this point, I don't know what else....

Please pray this goes by quickly with no more issues. Thank you for everyone's concerns and offers to help. I'm not sure what we're doing, so I'm not sure how to help. Keep you updated...

out of stress....you get no pictures yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment