Thursday, January 5, 2012

To the New Year

Here’s to a new year! Here’s to making myself a better person! I’m not really into New Year’s resolutions, but I am into being a good person and keeping myself in check. I’m not going to resolve to lose weight or make silly promises to myself I probably won’t keep. I plan to have a better year than the year before, always. If I try to have a better year than the year before, my life will always be a going up.

2011 brought a lot of good things…like many new jobs for me, and great opportunities. It gave us a chance to travel across the United States and visit lots of great friends. We went to our first professional sporting events (well, Anthony’s first, I went to a Twins game in high school). Anthony and I got to spend lots of uninterrupted time together, until summer was over haha. Rachel moved in for a semester and it was a blessing to have someone to hang out with while Anthony was out coaching.

We went to Seattle, we went to Chicago, we went to Yellowstone…we got to enjoy a real summer off and just be together awwww, how I miss summer :)

I was told by someone recently that I’m in love with life. I’m starting to believe that. I’m pretty high on life all the time. I enjoy all the crazy little things in life. I hate being bored, and I hate things to be normal all the time. I live my life one crazy day at a time. I do this in all aspects. If I bored teaching, so are the kids, I like to keep everyone on their toes. I don’t want things to get into a rut, I like some spontaneity.

Our Christmas vacation was packed of spontaneity. We are so lucky to have some amazing friends that call at any time of day to hang out. We went to Indian Creek and looked at Christmas lights, we played cards until ungodly hours in the morning, we played rockband until…more ungodly hours in the morning, got a call to go to Shari’s at 11:00 at night... And I loved every minute of having spontaneous friends :) And finally, I’m so excited to go to Arizona and Vegas with the Lund’s as well. Thank you for letting us be the crazies who tag along!

I guess this rant is just to say, I hope that I can be as happy with life as I am right now. I hope to keep 2012 as awesome as it was this last year. I want to travel, teach, and be spontaneous. I don’t want anything to hold me down!

My camera is in my car, and my car is in the shop....so....no new pictures....lame!

No comments:

Post a Comment