Friday, November 2, 2012

Hello Baby Plum


There we are at 12 weeks.  

Dear Plum,

We went to the doctor this week.  Your heart rate was 160 bpm.  It's the most soothing and happy feeling in the world to hear you; to know you are healthy and still growing inside me.  Which, obviously you are...my belly gets bigger and bigger every day.  I can't believe how much you love tortilla chips.  It's my new addiction.  Thankfully, you like healthy things too.  I told my class this week about you.  They decided you could be named Lightning, Hot Wheels, or...the all time favorite, Fast Girl.  I decided to leave the naming to your dad and I.  I think we'll be able to handle it.  They also wanted to know how I knew I was pregnant.  I told them I went to the doctor and I got to see a picture of you.  Then, they asked when I was getting you...well, I wish it was that easy....to get you.  

I was looking online for baby shower gifts today, and then got a little side tracked.  I found a crib for you that I'm in love with. I think I'm starting to get excited about shopping.  I've been a little timid about buying anything, but I don't think I'm afraid anymore.  I'll always be worried that something might happen to you, but I need to put that fear aside, and start to get myself, this house, and everything else ready, for you.  You're going to be such a happy and spoiled baby :) Just wait, you'll see.

I love you with all my heart and everything I have,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment