Thursday, December 26, 2013

7 months (yes, this is VERY late)

Avery Bug,

I'm sorry I've been such a slacker.  Things have been SOOOO crazy!!! With school projects, and family and friends.  You are asleep, and I finally have a few minutes to myself where I'm not doing homework, cleaning the house, doing dishes or folding laundry (although some of that needs to be done).  Daddy is out with Shaun and Cooper and you finally fell back asleep.

You had your first Christmas yesterday and I was so impressed at your alertness!  You enjoyed pulling paper out of the bags and eating the bag itself.  You got a bunch of new toys, books and formula (on wait, that last one is for my benefit).

Ok, so, here's what's new.  You LOVE to stand.   You would much rather stand than anything else.  You enjoy being in your saucer and spinning around.  You also like to sit like a big girl.  You can sit and entertain yourself for quite some time.  You rarely cry unless the following happens:
1 - you're hungry
2 - you're tired
3 - you've pooped
4 - you're on your stomach

Oh yes, that last one is very true.  You HATE being on your stomach for more than about 30 seconds.  You are amazing at rolling from your tummy to your back, but you've yet to roll to your stomach, mostly because you see no reason to be there.  Daddy and I have tried to get you to roll, crawl, push yourself...you're having none of it.  You can scoot backwards out of frustration, then, you get rewarded with a bath, because you love baths!!!

You love to laugh and mimic sounds.  You spit and blow bubbles (or as I call it, drool) you pretend to cough and make silly noises.  You enjoy telling people about your day.  You're much more vocal in the evenings than any other time.  You love to smile at Mommy, Daddy and Aunt Sissy.  Other people are fine too, but we get automatic smiles.  You're not much into snuggling unless you're REALLY tired or being held by me.  You like having your tummy blown on, you like peekaboo, you LOVE to dance and being sang to.  Your smile lights up my whole world.

I'm not sure how much you weigh - I'd guess at most 15 pounds, but you've grown a lot this last month.  You're wearing 3-6 month clothes and just barely starting to grow out of your size 1 diapers.  You sleep, you are a really good sleeper.  You sleep about 12-13 hours a night.  And this is a blessing to Daddy and I.  You even take a couple naps during the day (at least one that's over an hour long).

You have NO teeth, but are a REALLY good eater.  You will eat ALMOST anything I blend up for you.  Last night we made sweet potato, peaches and pears.  You thought that was pretty delicious.  I'm really picky about what I feed you and make sure that if I wouldn't eat it, I'm not going to feed it to you.  I make all your food (except cereal) and you seem to be pretty happy about that.  Grandmom has been pretty awesome about buying us some pretty fun food storage to make preparing food a breeze.

Merry Christmas to the most WONDERFUL little girl in the whole world.  You're such a happy girl and you are a show stopper almost everywhere we go.  Everyone loves you, everywhere we go.  You're such a sweetheart!  I love you!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment