Tuesday, June 15, 2010

CAMPING!

We went camping this weekend with my parents at Sage Hen Reservoir. Our first adventure was dad reading us the instructions to build the tent. Let me point out, that we've put up this tent quite successfully twice before. It was supposed to look like the picture in the end - I believe it did! I didn't help much, in fact, I think I make the process much harder by "helping".



Anthony and dad went fishing about 3 times a day. I decided it was my turn. I caught one fish...got bored....


....and let Anthony paddle me back while I tanned. Mostly the wind took us back, he was content fishing, I was content laying in the sun!



We took Anthony mushrooming for the first time. We found enough for a few meals. I told him it was like a giant Easter Egg hunt. He reminded me, "no, they aren't bright colors". So true...it's much harder. But we had fun hiking up and down the hills looking for mushrooms.


Mom and I decided to take our the Kayak....yup....that worked well...this is mom not able to get out of they kayak, and me telling her to please wait while I document this occasion. We laughed the whole time and looked very inexperienced. Although, we've been doing this for many years now.



Overall, we had a fabulous time with great weather. We relaxed, fished, played cards, and brought home a bucket of mushrooms. Very successful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment