Saturday, February 12, 2011

Checking things off "the list"

ok ok - so for lack of motivation, there are no pictures with this post.

Anthony has never been to Yellowstone - yet I have been there since we've been married (because I'm a great wife and left him home 2 weeks after we'd been married, poor choice on my part.) So, reservations have been made and we're going to Yellowstone the end of June. My parents so lovingly decided they were coming with us, and my aunt and uncle (who had to leave early last time) decided they wanted to spend it with us as well. Which is probably a good thing, because I'm great about talking about what I want to do, but at times have little motivation (like posting pictures) to actually get it done.

Thanks to my dad, we have reservations :)

Our other "had to be planned trip" was to go see Peggy one of these years! We have been trying to figure out the logistics to plan a road trip and try to see everyone possible between here and Chicago. But let me tell you, time and money became scarce when looking at 3 weeks and a few thousand miles of road to be driven. It wasn't looking like it was going to happen this year. It would have been a 2-3 week trip with 9 of those days spent in a car.

So, once again thanks to dad, we looked up plane tickets again. I had looked them up once, and there was no cost benefit. As a fluke, dad looked them up, prices had dropped $300, and we booked our flight! Chicago here we come! July 26th we fly out and we'll be gone for 9 days! That beats 9 days in a car, that's for sure.

All in all, we have a very busy summer planned out for us already. I'm not really sure when I'll have time to actually get things done I want to around here. I guess it'll have to wait until another summer :) I'd rather spend it with friends and family anyway.

And - one bit of random information...what person spends all winter looking foward to mowing again? It's supposed to be in the 50's the next few days, and I've got major spring fever. All I want to do is have green grass to mow. Yes, I'm aware of how bizarre I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment