Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resolutions

Ok ok, I know it's a month into the year and I'm finally realizing what I'm doing is making a resolution.





So, here is goes...



I resolve to live a healthier life style and try my dardest to look in the mirror and love myself.



I resolve to stop wearing clothes to cover up what I don't want others to see, but to get rid of what I do not want others to see.



I resolve this year to be a better person, and live that way.



So, in order to do that, I took a trip down memory lane...






Here is me - and my beautiful Aunt - almost 5 years ago. I have to say, my hair was doing crazy things, but other than that, I'm pretty proud of myself.



Again - 5 years ago...yurting for the first time.

I really should find that shirt, it's pretty awesome! (Thanks Erica)



and again....5 years ago (I really had to go back a long time to find what I was looking for...)

There was a picture of me smiling, but I felt this suited me much better.







and now....fast forward.




Winter 2008-2009....I found lots and lots of pictures with me and sweatshirts...seriously?

That's not a good look....


I'm all dressed up here, but still not loving everything I see.


again...what's with the sweatshirts...
and fast forward to last summer...

Whew - I hope everyone is keeping up.
I'm not sure everyone can notice the differences in the pictures, but they jump out at me in horrifying ways.
I'm very proud of myself for losing 30 pounds in the last 2 years....but in order to get back to the previous pictures above, I need to go another 15 more. I have all faith in myself to be able to do this. I can achieve my goal, but may need a little help along the way. I'm feeling very discouraged this week and need some serious motivation to keep going.
Also...random note - In searching the last few years of pictures I'm very happy to say I'm a MUCH better house keeper than I used to be. It helps that I have more time on my hands, but I'd like to point out how disgusting my apartment was (sorry for all of you that was subjected to that) and how I really can keep a house clean...honest, I'm not at all opposed to someone stopping by unannounced anymore :)
So, back to my fun challenge. I resolve to get to a point where I don't cringe when I see a picture of myself. As much as I'd like to destroy all pictures of me from winter 08-09, it's motivation to keep up with my (mostly) healthy eating and moderate work out routine 3 times a week. Let's me honest, I still eat whatever I want...just less...I love ice cream entirely too much to cut it out of my diet :)
So, for anyone who had a great healthy dinner recipe to share, or any motivating advice for me, I'm seriously struggling this week in my effort to keep working out and not eating all the food in my house. I'd love your help!
- random side note - I'm in love with sugar free pudding
I believe this is my longest post ever...and with that, I'm off to bed. Weigh in at school is on Tuesday - wish me luck!
~~~~~Erin~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment