Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break Part 1 - Hagerman

We were so lucky to spend part of our Spring Break in Hagerman with the Lund's on a lovely fishing trip.
We pulled into Hagerman and it was in the 50's, the weather was beautiful. We went and saw the Hagerman Horse, looked at fossils and learned about the area. After checking into our rooms we went to the fish hatcheries and did a little fishing. The weather was cooling down, but not too bad. We went out to eat and I started feeling feverish (awesome time to get a cold). Shaun and Anthony went out fishing again while Jen, the kids, and I went to the hot springs. The water felt great and made sleeping even better. The bed was comfy and I felt much better.
The next morning Anthony and I decided to get the room for another night and extend our trip, the Lund's agreed :) We all spent an extra day in Hagerman fishing, being a little cold, and having a good time. The 2nd morning we woke up and decided yes again, we must fish!.....it snowed. We were the 5 idiots out fishing in the snow (Jen was the smart one who sat in the car). We caught about 20 fish all together and had a great time hanging out with friends and calling "here fishy fishy" trying to get those fish to eat our bait.

Things I learned:
Golden trout are pretty.
It's still cold in March.
Hot Springs feel good when you have a fever.
Don't wear knit gloves when fishing.
I caught something huge but never got to see it.
You CAN fish in any weather...I just don't suggest it.
Oh did I mention, it's still cold in March?
Some snap shots to enjoy from our trip!

Brr it was cold!


The boys fishing....


Me fishing.... watching my pole that Anthony threw way out there.

My pole....

Clear chilly morning
Snowy chilly morning - yup....it snowed sideways on us.The intelligent people in the group. The clouds finally broke up for a while (with the wind) and the afternoon turned into a balmy 36 degrees and windy. But hey, at least the sun was out!


We had a great time. I would do it again in a heart beat, just pray for more sun, less wind, and no snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment