Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break Part 2

I'll be honest, I thought part 2 of our trip was the Tri Cities...ohhh no...how I was wrong!
I invited mom over for lunch this afternoon to stop by and say hi, plus she had some things to drop off to send to David, so I figured lunch should be included for driving out here. I was making coffee this morning, planning out my preparations for lunch (I was trying something new, so I needed to make sure I had all my stuff in order before getting started). I pulled the mug out of the cupboard, as I always do, and it fell. I apparently tried to catch it, and the same time it hit the counter, I put my arm on top of it.
Now, let me stop here and honestly tell you, I was (and am) much more upset about breaking my mug than anything else. I looked down at my poor poor coffee mug, keep in mind I have 11 more, and thought, hmmm I wonder in Bed Bath and Beyond will replace this. I then looked at my arm and thought, wow, that's a lot of skin. I very skillfully filleted my arm.
In the next few minutes I'm debating whether to do anything about it or just tape it up and keep going about my day. Anthony helped me tape it, and I realized there's no way I can keep this together on my own. When I got light headed and had to sit down before my coffee was done, I realized it was time to go to the doctor. I was so annoyed to have to postpone lunch to go get stitches.
So....and hour and 1/2, $20, and 6 stitches later, lunch was back on and all is fine and dandy, except for losing one of my coffee mugs and having a sore arm from my tetanus shot!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. sorry :) hope you get that healed up! love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete