Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tetherballs and Vocal Cords

Oh the week I've had. I did survive my first week, barely. My kids are amazing and I love my class. It's been a great week, but, I feel like my kids are one step ahead of me. I feel like my life is in fast forward and I'm just trying to keep up. I have morning duty 3 days a week and I'm having a hard time being totally ready when those kiddos walk in the door. So, last night, I stayed a little late to get everything ready for today and luckily I didn't have duty today. I got to sleep in a few minutes and actually got to chat with some friends I haven't seen in a week :)

In my readiness, I was ready for anything those kids brought me today. They brought me piece and quiet. They came in quiet, read quietly, I gave many many group points...and they stayed quiet until after lunch. But let's back up, I had a girl come in this morning that got smacked in the fact with a tetherball. I thought she was playing it up a little bit and told her she would be fine. After lunch, she still had a mark on her face. What kind of a teacher am I? Poor kid. Her face hurt all morning and didn't complain about it at all. By lunch, she was fine, but still had a red mark on her face.

By the end of the day, my kids were working on reader's theater and the noise grew, but nothing too loud. Even having a great day with quiet kids, I'm still completely EXHAUSTED! I had no idea how crazy fast things would be. I'm trying really hard to stay one step ahead of the game, and I feel like those kids are always just a little bit ahead of me. I'll get there, but it might take me another week.

Finally...One of my darling children told me today, one of his baby twin brother's lost his vocal cord today, pointing to his belly button. Yes, he meant umbilical cord. Oh, the lovely 7 year olds I have :)

To a successful day and an exhausting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment