Thursday, February 7, 2013

Darling Eggplant

hmmm - eggplant.  That's easier to visualize than a "hot house" cucumber.  And I missed last week's rutabaga, because who has any idea the size of a rutabaga???

I'm 26 weeks along.  I've gain almost 20 pounds...pretty much all out in front of me.  Baby girl is a very active little creature.  Her Grandma Butler got to feel her last week.  And last night, she kicked up such a storm, even daddy noticed.  I thought was was turning in a new position.  I was right.  I woke up this morning, put my right foot on the ground and almost fell from the shooting pain from my back, up my spine, and down my leg.  Thankfully, I have a comfy chair at work and my kids are fairly independent (as independent as 7 year old's can be).

It's less than 100 days until Baby Bear is supposed to be here.  And 40 something days until Arizona.  It falls pretty much right in the middle of now and then.  I'm beginning to realize we have a LOT to do in the next couple months.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law is so amazing and throwing us a baby shower in 2 months.  That should help with some of the odds and ends I'm looking for to put this all together.  And like I told my mom, even if her room isn't perfectly set up, who cares?? She won't be in it the first couple of months anyway.  Thanks to Grandpa Otter, I have a gorgeous cradle, that I slept in, next to our bed. 

I'm sure I'll go into crazy nesting mode here sooner or later.  The walls will get painted.  The tree will get done.  The crib will get set up.  And our bonus room will be cleared once again so we can see the couch and put all the office stuff away.  Someday, I'll find some motivation for this to happen (it would help a lot to have a husband home on the weekends).

Softball and baseball season are almost in full swing.  That means life is about to get very crazy, very fast.  I'm ready for some warmer weather and being able to wear less clothes.  Let's be honest, clothes are itchy.  And I itch...a lot.  I want to be able to go outside again, see green grass, soak up some sun.  Soon enough I guess.  But warm weather means less time at home.  Practices, games, tournaments and a very, very busy husband. 

Here's to warm weather and sports!  Oh, and also a very large belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment