Friday, April 12, 2013

Baby Cantaloupe/Honeydew

I have NO clue where the days are going.  I was only a few days behind, and then suddenly, it's Friday of the next week and I'm behind on my posting.  So, sadly, once again, I'm having to double up weeks.

Hi Baby Girl!  Things have been so crazy busy lately, I've barely had time to breathe.  Actually, quite literally.  We've had lots of appointment this week.  Let's back up and start with last week.

I lost my voice on Friday and was miserable at school all day.  We made it through, but it was a rough day.  I tried to get as much sleep as I could on Friday night because Saturday we had out beautiful baby shower put on my Grandma and Grandpa Butler.  I had intended to have a lot more done before Saturday morning, but I'd been so sick all week, I couldn't hardly move.  Luckily, you have awesome grandparents who are willing to step in and help.  You got the most beautiful array of clothes, towels, blankets and other fun things.  We are getting so close to having all your "needs" met.  Ok, technically, we've already got everything; a car seat, diapers (LOTS of diapers), onsies, and a cradle.  You're good to go, at least for the first few weeks :)

I just laid around all day on Sunday hoping to feel better.  Every morning we woke up, was just like the morning before, miserable.  Finally, Monday afternoon I called the doctor.  She said to go into Dr. Miller.  I'm glad she got to see us :) she's so sweet.  We've been on antibiotics for 3 days and things are looking up!  I can talk (sorta) again, and breathe!  We also got to go to the dentist.  I'm sad Dr. Widdison wasn't there to see us.  I guess he'll have to wait until October.

I can't believe how fast the last few weeks have gone.  With baseball, softball, full weekends, nice weather and everything else Spring had to offer, the days just fly by.  I'm huge...I don't care what anyone else says, you're getting SOOO big.  I'm not saying that I'm fat or anything, but you stick WAY out there and you walk into the room before I do.  You push your butt around all the time.  I can feel your little feet hit up around my ribs, I feel your elbow stick out down by my hips and all I can do is smile.  I love being able to feel the little human you've become inside me.  I can feel all your parts and pieces.  I have thoughts of what you'll look like, but nothing ever very clear.  I can not wait to meet you and hold you in my arms.  I love you so much already, I can't imagine how I could love you more when you're here, in my arms.  When I can look into your eyes, kiss your head, breathe in your smell and love you with all my heart.  Daddy and I are so lucky to have our daughter here in the next month.  We're so lucky that, as far as anyone can tell, you're a healthy little girl.  We're so lucky that the complications we've had with pregnancy haven't effected you.  Just me.  I can't wait to hold my little girl.  If you came today, you'd have no long term side effects.  You'd be healthy in a few days.  You're a little human inside there.  The feeling of anxious, nervous, excitement, terrified, all mixed together is what makes this all so amazing and wonderful.  I wish you could only understand how much everyone already loves you.  Everyone.  There is not a person out there who doesn't already have a spot for you in their heart.  You have the most amazing family, the most amazing friends, the most amazing doctors, the most amazing support system of any baby I've met.  Grow up to be a good girl.  If you learn anything from your mom, it's this...learn from your mistakes and make better ones next time.  Be honest.  Be caring.  And most of all, be laid back.  Don't let little things get to you.  Now...I'm not always good at the last one.  But I try.  Be a friend.  Be a good listener.  Be loyal.  Be you!!! And...it's ok to get what you want sometimes :) You'll learn that from me too.

Ok, I'm ranted enough.  We're super duper lucky to have an amazing photographer come take our picture this weekend.  Hopefully, we can get another great photographer to get a few more pictures of us as well :) See how lucky we are to know great people!??!?  If you only knew Sweetheart, if you only knew how amazing the people are in this world and how much everyone already cares about you!  I guess I'm pretty lucky too...

I love you!

Momma

It makes me sad to think of all the women in this world who have lost children at this point in their pregnancy.  If I lost you now, I'm not sure I'd be ok for a very, very long time.  I need to know you're healthy and ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment