Friday, June 3, 2011

B...E...A...utiful!

I have to tell the story of this beautiful couch before I move onto it's purpose in my life.

When Anthony moved into his duplex Jr. year at NNU, it didn't come with a bed...cool. So, his uncle graciously let him have this hide-a-bed couch. Anthony threw a mattress on top of it and slept on it for a year. When we moved into our apartment, it came with us. I really love it as a couch, it's nice and big to lounge in watching TV. And it's a great extra bed...not that we really need anymore beds in our house, but it has been used before...like last night when Anthony fell asleep on it watching a movie and he wouldn't wake up when I went to bed, even though I spoke his name very, very loudly... I think he was out there for a couple hours, while I enjoyed the queen bed to myself :) Alright, moving on...


The only part I don't love...the stuffing is gone from the arms (and ripped) and I'm not COMPLETELY in love with the cream floral.

(I have no idea why the picture turned this way...technology hates me)





So, I got an e-mail from Joann's this week about how they were giving 50% off their home decor fabric. SCORE!! I browsed for a couple of hours, narrow down the results to about 3 patterns and had Anthony help me on the final decision. I was very happy that he picked the same one I liked. I got my debit card out last night...AND!!!!..... Stupid Joann's lied. Apparently, 50% off until Friday...means Thursday night. By the time I got on to order it, they had lowered the discount to 40%. I was annoyed. Oh well...I bought it anyway.



I was debating on whether I wanted to do the whole thing, or just the outside and have the cushions be a solid color. Well, the lack of discount made my decision for me. I'm going with a solid (blue?) color for the cushions. I'm hoping it'll cost less that the upholstery fabric does. So, now I'm going to need some serious patience. (I'd like to add in here, my inspiration came from Betsy...yea, look what you've done...) I'm not sure if I want to rip the whole thing apart, or just put some extra fluff around the arms and cover what's already been done (I'm leaning towards the 2nd option). I'm not really as picky as I should be...so this is a great project for me, and not for Anthony, who will probably insist on measuring things and lining things up. pshhh...so not me.



Well, I'm sure you're dying to know which fabric won...so here is the one we picked out for our beautiful couch. We'll see how this works out...wish me luck!











1 comment:

  1. SO FUN! I'm sure it will look awesome when it's all done! you can dooooooooo it. it takes a lot of patience and time, but you will be so happy with the results. i can't wait to see what it looks like! xoxo

    ReplyDelete