Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gardening....

I was so proud of myself for planting my garden on this this year :) I got my radishes and spinach planted in March/April and the rest of it in the ground before June.

I had spinach, radishes (duh, I just said that) tomatoes, peppers, basil, and pumpkin. I have my water set on a timer, I bought all the bug-be-gone stuff, I have my little plants all greenhoused in with walls-of-water. I'm all set...right?!?!

WRONG!!!

I went the check my little plants and what do you know?!?!? My peppers are gone...GONE!!! Apparently bug-be-gone stuff doesn't work on BIRDS! I'm pretty sure the quail thought I planted this garden for them. So, I'm down 2 peppers, and if I'm not careful, my pumpkin is looking very very sad.

The good news is....I had a delicious spinach salad a couple nights ago, and look what DID survive :)


I pulled these delightful things out of my garden today :) By next week the rest of them should be ready!


1 comment:

  1. i wish i knew how to plant a garden. i would LOVE the fresh veggies! you're a great gardener, just like your mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete