Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June!!!!

How I LOVE the month of June! I really do take it to full advantage, maybe I go a bit overboard…

First, it’s summer. Officially. It’s also my birthday, which I turn into a whole month J And, at the end of the month, Anthony and I get to celebrate our anniversary! The month of June is packed full of….well…let’s be honest, me!

Those of you complaining about the weather, you need to realize you’re in Idaho. I have lived many, many birthdays of both hot, hot days, and rain. This weather MAY be colder than usual, but not totally uncommon. There are no expectations for June weather.

I just text Anthony, and sadly, my camera is sitting in the car at his work, so no pictures today. But, I must go into my first week of summer. It started like crap. For those of you who don’t know, I didn’t get to keep my job at Owyhee due to lack of staff needed at our school. I was the last hire, and so I was the first out of a job. I’m not upset at the school at all, just at the situation. I really love the staff there, and most of all, the students. I’m going to miss the family that has taken me in and helped me grow SO much in my teaching the last 2 years. Thank you Owyhee Staff for ALL you have done for me J We’ll keep in touch!

So, due to a lack of a job, I started applying. I had an interview at Idaho Arts Charter School (thanks to Jen) on Friday. I think it went pretty well, but I’ll find out at the end of the week. I’m not so afraid of NOT having a job by the time school starts. I’m afraid of having no idea what I’ll be teaching. I just want to go into the summer knowing WHAT I’ll be doing, so I can prepare myself for all the fun adventures headed my way. I’m trying to stay optimistic and keep all my options open. I’m trying to look at this as a blessing in disguise. Maybe I’ll find something I never would have looked for before. And my experience and Owyhee just makes me that stronger of a teacher.

Ok, moving on from my job issues…

I was so lucky to have David and Rachel here for 2 whole days with us! Yay family! I love them so much!

We started by deserting David…yea, we’re that cool. Monday evening we all went to the Lund’s for hot dogs over the fire and many, many hours of Rock Band. I tried really hard to stay awake this time, but for some reason, by the time 2:30 am rolls around, I get tired.

Yesterday we set badminton back up and I think we determined Anthony’s the winner and Rachel lost both games. But honestly, I should have been the loser, I have zero coordination. Poor Rachel just got stuck on the wrong side of the net.

I then took Rachel on a shopping adventure to the grocery store, I know, how boring is that? But I hadn’t been in a month, and it needed to be done. The fun part came when I took her to Cash and Carry and showed her how I make my coffee cabinet the most amazing coffee cabinet you’ve ever seen. I believe I now have about 10 flavors of coffee. My reason for buying an espresso machine was to save money and calories. But, in order to do this, I need options. I can’t drink the same coffee over and over, so I figure…$3.50 a flavor x 10 flavors…that’s $35. But, that will last me at LEAST 6 months. Instead of $4.00 a coffee every day. It pays off J

So, this is a long post with zero pictures. And that being said, I’ll leave all of you alone to blog stalk someone else. Enjoy your month of June! And check back, now that I’m out of school, I’ll have lots of time to keep this updated J

1 comment:

  1. i love cash and carry! they have the best stuff. keep the blog updated, i love it :) miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete