Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sagehen 2011

The roads opened to Sagehen days before we went up. And I'm glad they did because we had a blast!


I realized 2hours after we got up there I forgot to feed Sirus...yea, what I great pet owner I am! Thanks to cell phone service 10 miles away, and the Lund's, Sirus survived :)


Anthony and I had a fun time with our setting up tent adventure. It's getting much easier (but now we have a new tent...so it's going to get hard again). Last year, Mom and Dad were supervising while we set up our tent, and no joke, the 2nd and 6th step read: "with an adult at each end of the tent..." I look at Anthony and say "Are we 'adult' enough for this?" haha. And the last step reads....the tent should look like the picture. Oh, good, what if it doesn't?


Anthony and Dad spent the mornings fishing while the rest of us slept. Anthony and I went on a 4-wheeler ride (part of that was because we had to go call people remember).


Mom took us mushrooming - which is code for, searching around the hillside for brown Easter eggs that only 1/2 of us enjoy eating... :) It's fun, as long as your find one mushroom every 20 min or so.


I gave David my camera to document us setting up camp. He apologized for any dumb pictures he might take and told me I could delete them. It then turned into a challenge when I told him I don't delete any of my pictures. Boy, did I get some awesome pictures after that...like 5 pictures of moss - and some of them were unfocused.


Sadly, my camera died within the first 2 hours, so this ends the first post. I'll put up more pictures when I steal the pictures from my mom.


Overall, the trip was great. We played lots of card games, wore long sleeves all the time, poor Sara thought she was coming to Idaho to be warmer. Sorry Sara! The first night I couldn't feel me feet, I was so cold!




Round 1 - the first 2 hours...





Setting up camp




Does it look like the picture?


ummm - pine needles



We found this really awesome flipper on the dock...yes, just one. I'm not sure who was using it, the water was COLD!!!


:)
























No comments:

Post a Comment