Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Baby Girl Cantaloupe

Hi Baby Girl!!!

Well, we have officially made it 1/2 way together - 20 weeks down - 20 weeks to go.  I told you daddy that I think it's weird that at the 1/2 way point, you're not even CLOSE to 1/2 way grown.  You're only about 10 oz and 6.5 inches long.  You have a long way to go before I get to see you again.

Early afternoon on Christmas Eve, Grandma and Grandpa Clark, Grandma Butler, Aunt Rachel, Uncle David and Erin all sat in the room as we opened our very special gift.  I wasn't too surprised to pull out a green and pink blanket with paw prints and a lavender head band.  Because I told you and everyone from the start that you were a girl.  I've been calling you a she since the very beginning.  A wave of joy and emotion came over me when I looked at the piece of folded up paper that read "it's a girl :)".  I would have been that happy regardless what what the paper said, I just like being right.  You may not want  to pick up on that quality of mine...

I'm a big fan of fruit juice and ice water. I'm up about 7 pounds since day one (and that's down a couple from our last visit...we always go in on party days at school). I still have to drink a cup of coffee a day to keep my sanity.  Yup, we're still getting sick every morning, but once I do I USUALLY feel better the rest of the day (I have very little hope that this will "pass" as everyone keeps telling me).  We have lots of appointments this month to keep you and I as healthy as possible.  And the best part of my Christmas day?!?!?!? Sitting on the couch at Grandpa and Grandma Butler's when I felt your little hand hit the inside of my belly.  For about 10 min you sat there and moved around.  I know it was you.  I even poked and prodded a little to make you do it again, and you did, briefly.

With all that said,
I love you!  I'm so excited to pick out paint colors, a car seat, a stroller etc.
You're the most amazing thing in my life!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment