Saturday, December 22, 2012

Baby Tomato

Hi Darling!!!

I'm so very very excited to tell you I got to see you yesterday.  As soon as you were on the screen, you make my heart stop and I could already tell how wonderfully beautiful you are.  As the ultrasound technician kept moving the camera around my belly, she said everything was normal.  Your heart, lungs, bones, feet (not club foot), lips (not cleft), nose, brain, stomach, kidneys.  All were perfect and normal.  And your spine is spectacular.  It's straight and perfect.  Your heartbeat was 148 bpm and you weigh 8 oz. I still think you're a girl, daddy still says boy.  You gave us a big yawn, and sucked on your fingers, and looked just like a little baby should.  I was so overjoyed to see you so safe and healthy.  It's crazy to think that's the most in depth I'll ever see you.  Once you're out here, I won't see that heart, lungs, spine etc.  But yesterday I got to see it all.  And they told us they are all normal.  You loved the camera and sat so well to have your picture taken.  You are amazingly beautiful and I can't hardly stand to wait the next 21 weeks to meet you.

The nurse wrote your gender down on a piece of paper, and that paper is tucked away in my purse.  As soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going to shower and daddy and I are going to buy your first outfit.  I'm hoping you'll be able to fit into it the day we bring you home.  In two days honey, I'll know if you're a baby boy tomato, or a baby girl tomato...I'll be thrilled with either one, because yesterday, hearing how normal and perfect you are, were words far more precious to me than what gender you are.


19 Weeks
your beautiful profile and straight spine
it's weird to me that these are almost life-size pictures of you...
you're not much bigger than the palm of my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment